Job OpeningsGlobal Implementation Solutions (GIS) program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following vacancies:
Global Implementation Solutions (GIS) Western Kenya program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following positions:
DRIVER – 1 POSITION (VACANCY REF NO: GIS/01/2018)
The Driver will provide safe and on time transportation for GIS staff to meetings, trainings, site-visits and any other job assignments.
RELIEVER DRIVER (GIS/TEMP/01/2018)
This position is on a temporary basis hence the successful candidate shall be covering for driver(s) not on duty because of leave; unforeseen emergencies or illness. This position is on demand basis therefore the reliever driver will be expected to be easily available and flexible; being able to stand in for other drivers when required to do so.
Location: Kisumu Office with travel within work regions
Reporting to: Administrative Officer
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing safe and professional driving for all staff while they attend to different work assignments.
- Keeping assigned vehicles free from damage and consistently clean.
- Ensuring vehicle is parked securely at all times.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use, and accepting responsibility to report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist.
- Conducting daily/weekly/monthly vehicle maintenance checks (tyres, oil, water, battery, brakes, etc.)
- Ensuring vehicle documents/licenses are all up to date
- Accepting responsibility for proper use and maintenance of keys, which must be properly checked in and out.
- Accurately completing and submitting all necessary paperwork, such as daily dispatch sheets, etc.
- Maintaining an excellent driving record.
- Ensuring punctuality.
- Completing all other tasks as assigned.
DESIRED QUALITIES and SKILLS
- Good inter-personal, communication skills (English and Kiswahili- Written and spoken) a must.
- Must have good knowledge of Nyanza and Western regions of Kenya.
- Maintenance of an excellent driving record.
- Secondary education and at least 10 years accident free driving experience or KCSE certificate D+ and at least 5 years accident free driving experience and
- Valid driver’s licence for vehicle classes B,C,E
- Experience in driving manual transmission vehicles
- Knowledge of Laws and by-laws governing driving in Kenya.
- Conversant with recording and maintaining travel logs.
- Certificate in basic motor vehicle maintenance will be an added advantage
Interested applicants should e-mail their applications, attaching a cover letter, resume and a copy of Certificate of good conduct via email@example.com by C.O.B 26th February, 2018 stating the reference No. for the respective position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.