Job OpeningsGlobal Implementation Solutions (GIS) program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following vacancies:
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Survey on Salaries and Fringe benefits and development of schemes of service
Section I: BACKGROUND AND INTRODUCTION
Global Implementation Solutions (GIS) is a Chicago-based non-profit organization, 501(c) 3, incorporated in May 2009. The Kenya Country office is based in Kisumu City and operates in eight counties of Western Kenya. GIS is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes, and more specifically, to provide support that improves healthcare systems in resource-limited Countries.
GIS seeks the services of a HR consultant to prepare a scheme of service proposal and carry out staff salaries and fringe benefits survey in Kenya. The purpose of this consultancy is to provide useful information to guide the review of employee compensation plan with the aim of establishing a compensation policy that attract, support and retain employees within the context an overall HR and organizational plan.
This RFP establishes minimum requirements a bidder must meet in order to be eligible for consideration as well as information to be included in the Consultant’s bid response. Carefully examine the specifications, conditions and limitations.
The selection of the successful consultant will be made based on GIS evaluation and determination of the relative ability of each Bidder to deliver quality service in a cost-effective manner.
The following are some of the specific criteria that will be evaluated and that should be addressed in the your proposal:
- Strategy/ methodology of undertaking the survey (A list of organizations and professionals to be surveyed will be required)
- Delivery timeline (Specify the time required to complete this assignement)
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking similar consultancy work
- Familiarity with International NGOs operations;
- Cost of the proposal
Section II: SUBMISSION OF RFQ
Responses to this RFP are due by 5:00PM local time on Friday , December 22 , 2017. Late submittions will be rejected. All quotations are to be emailed to the Senior Programme Adminstrative Officer Mr. Samuel Ogutu at email@example.com with a copy to Julius Anyega at Janyega@gisworldwide.org
Those interested in the consultancy must include in their application a detailed technical and financial proposal with the following components:
- Understanding and interpretation of the TOR;
- Methodology to be used in undertaking the assignment;
- Time and activity schedule;
- Consultant’s daily rate in Kenya shillings;
- Curriculum Vitae of key personnel of your consulting team.
Any questions regarding this RFP should also be addressed to the above individuals.
Section III: SCOPE OF THE CONSULTANCY SERVICES
a) Scope of Work
The Consultant will work closely with the GIS head office and Kenya country office management, Senior Programme Administrative Officer, and the Human Resources Officer. The Consultant will ensure that the process is participative, inclusive, relevant, achievable, and that it holds the organization accountable for tasks leading to desired outcomes.
b) Objectives of the Consultancy
The main objectives of the consultancy are:
- Carry out salary and fringe benefits survey in Kenya;
- Identify the salaries and fringe benefit schemes from comparative organisations in the donor funded industry / community;
- Carry out Scheme of Service for GIS, and propose optimum staffing levels in line with GIS activities ;
In line with GIS’s compensation scheme provide the framework for review of the salaries and fringe benefits.
c) Proposed Activities
Activities related to this consultancy should include, but not be limited to the following:
- Review existing job grades and develop scheme of service for GIS;
- In-depth meetings with the GIS head office and Kenya country office teams. Initial meeting should include a discussion of roles and responsibilities of the Consultant, the work to be completed, and the projected timetable/schedule for completion;
- Thorough review and analysis of relevant documentation, organizational policies, systems and processes;
- Conduct salary and fringe benefits survey, within the GIS industry/not-for-profits NGOs network of organizations that are funded by USG agencies that include CDC, USAID, and other USG agencies in Kenya;
- Write and present the inception report incorporating the relevant desk & literature review,Field‐based key informant interviews with representatives of the organisations surveyed to identify the opportunities and challenges forGIS compensation policies;
- Facilitate meetings with GIS head office and Kenya country staff and ensure a consensus is reached for the way forward;
- Make any other recommendations to the GIS management.
d) Expected Outputs and Timelines
It is estimated that the consultancy will be completed within 30 working days inclusive of preparatory work, facilitation and report writing. The consultant will produce the following:
- Salary and fringe benefits survey report with recommendations on action required.
- Proposed Scheme of service.
- Proposed optimum staffing levels for GIS.
Section IV: CONSULTANT QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications, expertise and experience will be taken into account in selecting a Consultant for this assignment:
- Masters qualifications in human resources management or equivalent qualifications with strong staff compensation and benefits skills, salary survey experience;
- Significant experience in working with International non-governmental organisations;
- Strong experience and network working with donor funded projects in Kenya;
- Knowledge of networking and experience with USG funding;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and report writing skills.
Section V: COSTING GUIDELINES
The cost proposal for this consultancy shall have a daily rate which should be inclusive of the consultant’s fees, travel, accommodation, per diem and supplies.
Table 1 below will provide the required guidance for this part (Add the rows as needed to fit your proposed activities)
- Please provide justification for your rates, (e.g. institutional policy, professional body guidelines etc ).
- Please indicate your preferred payment schedules.
SECTION VII: EXPECTED NUMBER OF DAYS OF CONSULTATION (BASIS FOR FEE)
Please indicate the expected commencement date and number of days you require to complete this assignment.
SECTION VIII: BIDDING FOR PROPOSALS
A number of Consultants will be requested to submit their financial proposals in accordance with this TOR to the GIS Office by the date specified in the Bidding for Proposals document. The respondents will be required to submit the following;
- Duly filled table appearing in section V above titled “Costing Guidelines”
- Not more than two page write-up outlining the strategy to be employed in undertaking assignment including a list of organizations and/or professional to be surveyed (the write up should address the requirement of section II above)
- Attach at least one (1) reference letter from your corporate clients, the reference letters should have Company name, address, and contact person and contact number.
This solicitation is subject to GIS standard terms and conditions. Any resultant award or purchase order will be governed by these terms and conditions. Please note that GIS standard payment terms are net 30 days after receipt and acceptance of any commodities/deliverables or services.
Name of requesting officer: Samuel Ogutu, Senior Programme Administrative Officer