Job OpeningsGlobal Implementation Solutions (GIS) program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following vacancies:
Global Implementation Solutions (GIS) Western Kenya program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following position:
CONTINUOUS QUALITIY IMPROVEMENT MENTOR (GIS/03/2018)
Location: Western Kenya Region (Kisumu, Siaya, Migori, Homabay, Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega and Vihiga)
Reporting to: Lead Mentor
This is a full time mentoring position with 75% of the time spent onsite at the health facilities within the Western Kenya region project area and 25% in the office for document review and report writing. Deployment is in any of the 8 counties. The Laboratory CQI Mentor will be the key technical staff in improvement of laboratory service delivery in the selected facilities through face to face mentorship of the MoH staff to develop and implement quality systems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as laboratory continual quality and service delivery improvement mentor in selected health facilities within the region
- Offer onsite face-to-face laboratory staff mentorship and training on documentation and SOPs, sample management and collection techniques, sample packaging, sample referral systems, quality assurance, results handling, bio safety and waste management
- Liaise with facility managers, clinicians, laboratory staff and nurses to establish and strengthen the laboratory-clinical services interface
- Promote safe blood transfusion practices and blood safety through technical assistance in adaption of developed policies, standards and guidelines and training of laboratory staff
- Work in collaboration with the sub-county laboratory coordinators, laboratory in-charges and facility managers to strengthen laboratory networking to ensure efficient testing for TB, HIV rapid, HIV viral load, EID PCR and OIs and acceptable turn-around times for these testing
- Support the development of laboratory policies, strategic plans, management and monitoring tools both at the county and facility level to improve services as may be required from time to time
- Provide programmatic updates and reports as required from time to time during the project period
- Provide efficient linkage between the facilities and the programs
- Conduct regular SIMS gap analysis and formulate corrective measures to facilitate compliance
- Offer technical advice on laboratory commodities forecasting, ordering, re-stocking and stores management to eliminate stock outs
- Provide technical assistance for equipment including validation, calibration, certification and routine servicing to ensure efficient operation and minimal test interruptions
- Provide technical assistance to laboratory personnel in establishment of efficient work flow
- Advocate for implementation of Infection Prevention and Control guidelines
- Advocate for increased administrative and financial support to the laboratory to ensure requisite quality improvements
- Schedule and provide training and coaching to laboratory personnel to enhance Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP)
- Spearhead efficient implementation of both facility and project action plans as required.
- Plan for and coordinate with other partners to provide various lab-related trainings as required for supported facilities
- Participate in the implementation of the GIS’ policies, strategies and work plans
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Qualified medical laboratory technologist/scientist
- At least 7 years of laboratory experience post qualification
- Registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologist Technicians Board (KMLTTB)
- Knowledge in Laboratory Bio safety, SOPs and QMS
- Training on GCLP and program evaluation
Interested applicants should e-mail their applications, attaching a cover letter summarizing their relevance to the position and a detailed CV sent as one document via email@example.com by C.O.B 11th May, 2018 stating the reference No. for the respective position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.