Job OpeningsGlobal Implementation Solutions (GIS) program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following vacancies:
Global Implementation Solutions (GIS) Kenya program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following positions that will be available for 3 months renewable for a further fixed term of 12 months subject to availability of funds and performance.
COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Response Technical Advisor (GIS/02/2021)
LOCATION: Nairobi with some travel to counties
REPORTING TO: Deputy Director National Programs (DDNP)
DURATION: Fixed term of 15 Months
The COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Response Technical Advisor will be working closely with the Deputy Director National Programs and key CDC Kenya staff involved in COVID-19 Response to provide dedicated supplemental technical leadership, oversight, and coordination services for COVID response activities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the DDNP and CDC Activity Manager to provide technical leadership and guidance to partners in COVID response activities.
• Assist the DDNP and CDC Activity Manager to provide general oversight of COVID response including enhancing collaboration and synergy among all actors
• Coordinate, attend and document meetings with partners and make follow ups on agreed action points
• Bachelor’s degree in human or veterinary sciences (medicine, veterinary, nursing, environmental health, medical laboratory sciences etc.) or any other related field
• Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics or any other related field
• 2-5 years’ experience in public health emergency management including investigation and coordination of acute public health events like disease outbreaks
• Experience leading teams during public health emergencies
• Experience in capacity building for frontline health workers
• Registered with relevant professional bodies
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good organization and coordination skills
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and under limited supervision
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with dynamic team
• Good scientific writing skills
Interested applicants should e-mail their applications, attaching a cover letter summarizing their relevance to the position and a detailed CV sent as one document via email@example.com by C.O.B Thursday 9th June, 2021 stating the respective position as the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.