Job OpeningsGlobal Implementation Solutions (GIS) program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following vacancies:
Global Implementation Solutions (GIS) Western Kenya program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following position:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer GIS/02/2017
Location: Kisumu Office with some travel
Reporting to: Deputy Director Programme Implementation
This position will have 50% travels to counties within the Western Region. You will be expected to implement the program M&E Plan and support counties to manage laboratory data for planning and decision-making. You will work closely with the county and sub-county laboratory coordinators and laboratory in-charges of the various facilities to ensure timely and accurate laboratory related reports to KEMSA, NASCOP and MOH as applicable.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a comprehensive M&E plan.
- Implementation of the M&E plan.
- Provide technical support to the technical leads to monitor and evaluate project objectives, success indicators and targets through adhering to the established program SOW and Program Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Establishment and maintenance of project monitoring information system.
- Designing and introduction of monitoring tools to technical leads and health facilities.
- Identifying and formulating M&E findings, lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into project planning, management decision-making and dissemination to various stakeholders.
- Collection, analysis and reporting of project data on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Training of MoH laboratory personnel in collection, analysis and use of data in decision making.
- Supporting technical and MOH personnel in analysis of data for presentation in meetings/conferences.
- Present M&E findings to internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Support the MOH at facility and county level for timely reporting of lab project and commodity indicators in a quality and timely manner.
- Ensure GIS timely compliance to various PEPFAR reporting including SAPR, APR, EA through DATIM and any other system.
- Support establishment of laboratory information databases to support sample networking, testing, reporting and monitoring of service improvements.
DESIRED QUALITIES and SKILLS
- Ability to contribute and implement organisational strategy.
- Communication skills (Effective listening, effective questioning and positive communication skills. Excellent oral and written communication, fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Multi-tasking skills while maintaining high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Problem solving skills and initiative.
- Courtesy and professionalism.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to display team Work.
- Capacity to work with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent time management skills – Ability to plan and adhere to work time schedules.
· A university degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Social Sciences or its equivalent.
· Experience in monitoring and evaluating health related projects.
· Experience in monitoring USG funded programs.
· Knowledge of laboratory information systems and MOH HIMS, LIS and reporting systems.
Interested applicants should e-mail their applications, attaching a cover letter summarizing their relevance to the position and a detailed CV sent as one document via firstname.lastname@example.org by C.O.B 20th October, 2017 stating the reference No. for the respective position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.