Job OpeningsGlobal Implementation Solutions (GIS) program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following vacancies:
Global Implementation Solutions (GIS) Kenya program under US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Co-operative Agreement is advertising the following positions that will be available for 12 months but renewable for another 12 months based on performance and availability of funds.
Public Health Emergency Operation Program Officer (GIS/08/2021)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: GIS Deputy Director National Programs and CDC Kenya -Activity Manager
Duration: 12 Months renewable based on performance and Availability of Funds
The Public Health Emergency Operation Program Officer will closely work with US CDC Kenya, National Public Health Emergency Operation Center (NPHEOC) at Ministry of Health, and Global Implementations Solutions (GIS) to provide coordination services for COVID-19 EOC response activities. He/she will attend relevant US CDC Kenya, PHEOC-MOH, and GIS technical meetings.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate CDC Kenya and GIS public health emergency operations services in collaboration with MOH and other partners in COVID-19 response activities.
- Strengthen National PHEOC organizational and coordination capacity and improve linkages with County level EOCs to better coordinate public health emergency response at all levels.
- Support coordination of national PHEOCs in investigation of acute public health events including disease outbreaks.
- Provide technical support to MOH national and county level incident management system (IMS) to strengthen interagency coordination activities during major public health emergencies.
- Support the implementation of HMIS within the MOH
- Represent US CDC/GIS at national level PHEOC disease outbreak response or other PHEOC coordination meetings.
- Support the coordination to operationalize the Kenya Prisons Services EOC and Ports of Entry emergency response services to strengthen disease outbreak investigation and response.
- Strengthen Risk communication strategies between MOH and other emergency response partners to improve response efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in human and veterinary sciences (medicine, veterinary, nursing, environmental health, medical laboratory sciences etc.) or any other related field.
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics or any other related field.
- Minimum Three years’ experience in public health emergency management including investigation and coordination of acute public health events like disease outbreaks.
- Demonstrated experience leading and coordinating teams during public health emergencies.
- Proven experience in working with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate experience in working with data analysis software like Epi Info, SAS, STATA, SPSS etc.
- Advanced skill in IT is an added advantage.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization and coordination skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and under limited supervision
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with dynamic team
Interested candidates who meet criteria stated above are encouraged to send their application, attaching a cover letter summarizing their relevance to the position and a detailed CV sent as one document via firstname.lastname@example.org by C.O.B Wednesday, 22 September, 2021 stating the respective position as the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.