GIS celebrated the recent achievement that 8 GIS supported labs are ISO 15189 accredited.
This is a big deal because it demonstrates acceptance of and confidence in laboratory examination results. It was achieved by demonstrating competence through accreditation of examination procedures by a third party. Accreditation of medical laboratory examinations in the widest sense is becoming important as a management tool and a means to create confidence in results.
This recognition was celebrated with an awards ceremony and social gathering. Congratulations to the entire GIS team, the hard-working laboratory staffs and respective county management, for this incredible achievement!
The labs that have reached this difficult milestone are:
1. Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital – Kisumu County
2. Kakamega County General Teaching and Referral Hospital- Kakamega County
3. Siaya County Teaching and Referral Hospital- Siaya County
4. Homabay County Referral Hospital- Homabay County
5. Ahero County Hospital- Kisumu County
6. Muhoroni County Hospital- Kisumu County
7. Butere County Hospital- Kakamega County
8. Bondo County Hospital- Siaya County