GIS celebrated the recent achievement that 17 GIS supported labs are ISO 15189 accredited.
This is a big deal because it demonstrates acceptance of and confidence in laboratory examination results. It was achieved by demonstrating competence through the accreditation of examination procedures by a third party. Accreditation of medical laboratory examinations in the widest sense is becoming important as a management tool and a means to create confidence in results.
Congratulations to the entire GIS team, the hard-working laboratory staffs, and respective county management for this incredible achievement!
The 17 laboratories that have reached international accreditation include:
1. Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital – Kisumu County
2. Ahero County Hospital- Kisumu County
3. Muhoroni County Hospital- Kisumu County
4. Kakamega County General Teaching and Referral Hospital- Kakamega County
5. St. Mary’s Hospital Mumias – Kakamega County
6. Butere County Hospital- Kakamega County
7. Siaya County Teaching and Referral Hospital- Siaya County
8. Bondo County Hospital- Siaya County
9. Homabay County Referral Hospital- Homabay County
10. Kendu Adventist Hospital – Homabay County
11. Kendu Sub-County Hospital- Homabay County
12. Suba Sub- County Hospital – Homabay County
13. Holy Family Nangina Mission Hospital- Busia County
14. Alupe Sub-county Hospital – Busia County
15. Webuye County Hospital- Bungoma County
16. St. Joseph Mission Hospital – Migori County
17. Vihiga County Hospital – Vihiga county